Collin County Adult Literacy Council
P.O. Box 861304, Plano, TX 75086
Guidelines for Mini-Grants 2023-24
In order to be eligible to apply for mini-grants from the Collin County Adult Literacy Council, the following local expectations must be met:
1. The organization applying for the grant must maintain active membership, which includes attending general meetings, and training sessions, and/or being listed in the Literacy Providers Directory of the CCALC.
2. A local governance must be documented which oversees the program and assures delivery of literacy instruction and an accounting procedure to track grant expenditures (School district, church, 501c3 non-profit organization).
3. Each local organization may apply for a mini-grant for any amount up to $2,000.00 using the Mini-Grant Application Form and each application must follow the guidelines provided. The mini-grants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Only four mini-grants will be awarded.
The application deadline is August 31, 2023.
4. The CCALC Board will review all applications and notify applicants of the outcomes.
5. No later than February 28, 2024, each recipient of the grant will be responsible for presenting a copy of the receipts of the purchases made with the grant monies and for preparing a statistical report to CCALC.
6. Expenditure of grant monies awarded must be restricted to the following categories: purchase of printed teaching or learning materials, teaching supplies, training, and/or technology. Special attention will be given to programs that need resources for the learning disabled. These funds cannot be for salaries, travel expenditures, or childcare expenses.
7. No adult literacy organization may apply for more than one grant during a 12-month period.
8. Grant monies not distributed directly to local organizations may be spent according to needs as determined by the CCALC.
9. Application form can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The mini-grants awarded will be distributed in person on September 9, 2023. Applicants must be present to receive the grant check.
11. It will be announced publicly on September 30, 2023, during the ESL Tutor Training via Zoom.
If interested, please email us and we'll send you the application form attached: email@example.com
For questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org